How To Prevent Baseball Injuries
A Go To Checklist for Baseball Injury Prevention
- Always request a pre-season physical examination.
- Avoid dehydration.
- Continue activity and maintain fitness level during school breaks as recommended by many health care professionals.
- Avoid overtraining by resting at least one season.
- Reduce training time and intensity to avoid over-use injuries, especially upon any signs of pain.
- Communicate with your coach and the injury prevention team about prevention techniques.
- Incorporate ACL related injury prevention techniques during team warm ups.
- Practice jumping and landing techniques to prevent ACL injury.
- After any injury, don’t return to play until cleared by a health care professional.
- Wear protective gear if recommended.