How To Prevent Running Related Injuries
A Go-To Guide for Running Related Injury Prevention
- Start with a pre-season screen examination.
- We offer a comprehensive Running & Gait Analysis using photoelectric sensors and imaging technology that assess the personal intricacies of your gait. Our protocol is designed to reveal precisely how to generate speed and identify any underlying imbalances in your stride. See Running & Gait Analysis for more information!
- Wear proper fitting socks and shoes to prevent blisters and to prevent irritation.
- Wear orthotic inserts if diagnosed with flat feet and other feet problems.
- Communicate with your injury prevention team or doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment of any existing injury.
- Run in well-lit areas (e.g., schools, public streets).
- Hydrate before and after running.
- Avoid distractions while running including wearing headphones or running in high traffic areas.
- Running through pain can make the problem worse.
- Consider current levels of fitness to develop sound running strategies.
- Consistently discuss the goals of the running program with your institution