How To Prevent Football Injuries
A Go-To Checklist for Football Injury Prevention
- Have a pre-season health and wellness evaluation performed.
- Perform proper warm-up and cool-down routines as instructed by the injury prevention team.
- Consistently incorporate strength training and stretching.
- Hydrate adequately to maintain health and to minimize cramps.
- Stay active during summer break to prepare for return to sports in the fall.
- Wear properly fitted protective equipment, such as a helmet, pads, and mouth guard.
- Tackle with the head up and do not lead with the helmet.
- Speak with a sports medicine professional or the school’s injury prevention team for any concerns regarding injury.
- Immediately report persistant pain that prevents you from playing.
- For Buckley students and parents, we are available even during your break for any questions or treatment, if necessary.